Becoming a SASC Volunteer
- 1. Read through the Expectations of a Volunteer:
- You can read the Expectations of a volunteer HERE.Make sure you take your time to ask yourself if you’re in a place right now where you will be able to manage the expectations that come with support work and volunteering.
- 2. Contact our office for an Entrance Interview:
- If you’ve completed steps 1, and are interested in joining our Collective, contact us at (613) 725-2160 ext.233, or e-mail us at email@example.com Our Public Education Coordinator will get in touch with you to set-up an Interview where we can discuss SASC’s work and how you can contribute to it.
- 3. Complete our Volunteer Training:
- We typically offer volunteer training twice per year. Our Winter/Spring training, Summer/Fall. Our training is open to all women experiencing marginalization based on their racial or socio-economic background, sexual identity or orientation, as well as learning and physical differences that are interested in supporting survivors of gender-based violence. The training takes about 5 weeks, preparing you to become a support worker and volunteer at SASC.